The thesis proposal is due May 15 of your junior year, or November 15 if you plan to start your thesis in the spring.
- Review the Senior Thesis Handbook instructions for preparing your thesis proposal.
- Fill out the Senior Thesis Application Form and return in hard copy to The Office of Undergraduate Research. This form requires signatures from your first reader, second reader, and department chair of your degree major, so allow time to meet with each of these people.
- Complete the online proposal form – Here. The form includes a checklist of things that may be included in the proposal. The proposal should be 3-5 pages long, and completed under the supervision of the first reader.
- Register for UNIV401.
- UNIV401-000 is the regular section, UNIV401-080 is the honors section.
- UNIV401 and UNIV402 need to add up to 6 credit hours, but can be split as 3 & 3 or 2 & 4, depending on your schedule. Honors students should consult with the honors office about the impact of these credit hours on graduation requirements.
- Both UNIV401 and UNIV402 must be taken “standard grading,” NOT “pass/fail”
- Register under your first reader. If your first reader is not an option and you have already submitted your paperwork, email Dr. Barsky at email@example.com to have your reader added.
- Meet with someone from the Undergraduate Research Program
- Meetings are not required, but if you have questions, you can make an appointment to meet with Dr. Barsky or Adam Grimes.