The following is a list of external opportunities that we find our students may benefit from:
Please note that these opportunities have varying requirements, deadlines, and prestige. It is the responsibility of the student to find opportunities that best fit the student’s interests, career goals, and finances. The Undergraduate Research Program is not responsible for these opportunities.
Additionally, please note that several of the fellowships listed below will require the University’s approval to apply. Students should follow links on the fellowships’ websites to find UD’s contact for these fellowships.
- Summer Undergraduate Research Program with the MU Office of Undergraduate Research
- Students live in on-campus air-conditioned housing (double rooms), and receive a meal plan paid by the program. Many programs provide one credit hour of research, travel to and from Columbia, and stipends range from $3,400 – $5,400.
- Under the guidance of an MU faculty mentor, students work on their own projects in collaboration with graduate students, lab technicians, and post-doctoral researchers and will showcase their results at a poster Forum on July 27th.
- Fox Chase Fellowship, full-time, paid research opportunity allows for students to develop laboratory skills, research experience, mentorship, and more over a ten-week period (mid-June through late-August).
- Sign up for a Discovery Day on September 27th, October 25, November 15, and December 1 to tour the center, meet with staff, and discuss expectations of program.
- REUs, funded summer research in the sciences at other universities, with a stipend, housing, travel, and food usually included: https://www.nsf.gov/crssprgm/reu/
- SROP, like REUs but with grad school prep at the Big 10 alliance of schools: https://btaa.org/resources-for/students/srop/overview
- 6 week summer program for students interested in US foreign affairs: http://www.rangelprogram.org/?session.areaid=2&contentid=684&typeid…
- STEM Summer Research Programs: http://www.jyi.org/summer-research-programs/
- Fred Hutch Internships: https://www.fredhutch.org/en/about/internships.html
- NSF REU: Search for an REU Site | NSF – National Science Foundation
- RIT Database: Co-ops/Internships on the Web
- Pathways to Science (good for non- US citizens): Search Fellowships, Scholarships, Paid Internships, and Research Opportunities: PathwaysToScience.org
- Pre Med: Summer Undergraduate Research Programs
- NCI Division of Cancer Biology Summer Undergraduate Research Program: https://frederick.cancer.gov/Careers/InternshipsAndFellowships/SummerProgram/