The following is a list of external opportunities that we find our students may benefit from:
Please note that these opportunities have varying requirements, deadlines, and prestige. It is the responsibility of the student to find opportunities that best fit the student’s interests, career goals, and finances. The Undergraduate Research Program is not responsible for these opportunities.
Additionally, please note that several of the fellowships listed below will require the University’s approval to apply. Students should follow links on the fellowships’ websites to find UD’s contact for these fellowships.
- REUs, funded summer research in the sciences at other universities, with a stipend, housing, travel, and food usually included: https://www.nsf.gov/crssprgm/reu/
- SROP, like REUs but with grad school prep at the Big 10 alliance of schools: https://btaa.org/resources-for/students/srop/overview
- 6 week summer program for students interested in US foreign affairs: http://www.rangelprogram.org/?session.areaid=2&contentid=684&typeid…
- STEM Summer Research Programs: http://www.jyi.org/summer-research-programs/
- Fred Hutch Internships: https://www.fredhutch.org/en/about/internships.html
- NSF REU: Search for an REU Site | NSF – National Science Foundation
- RIT Database: Co-ops/Internships on the Web
- Pathways to Science (good for non- US citizens): Search Fellowships, Scholarships, Paid Internships, and Research Opportunities: PathwaysToScience.org
- Pre Med: Summer Undergraduate Research Programs
- NCI Division of Cancer Biology Summer Undergraduate Research Program: https://frederick.cancer.gov/Careers/InternshipsAndFellowships/SummerProgram/