“I learned that I actually really love research. I feel like I have a much better grasp on understanding scientific literature and also learning the importance of being able to explain things in common language. I really enjoyed the process and I would definitely recommend it to others.”- Sophomore UDRAW Participant Spring 2020
UDRAW PROGRAM ON A ROLL
Research on track despite pandemic upheaval
What is UDRAW?
- A collaboration between the Undergraduate Research Program (URP), Student Financial Services, and faculty mentors.
- Allows eligible, early-career students to use federal work-study funds in order to gain research experiences at the University of Delaware.
- Students gain experience and make a meaningful contribution to a research project while learning about the research/ scholarships in their field.
- Faculty will gain a full member of their research or creative team at no additional cost to the faculty mentor or department.
- Facilitates the relationship between low income, economically disadvantaged freshman and sophomore students who are just starting out in their fields of interests and research faculty at the University of Delaware.
- Students will earn the minimum wage of $9.25 an hour during the fall semester and $10.50 an hour during the spring of 2022.
- Please visit the Student Financial Services Website at : https://www.udel.edu/finaid/workstudy.html for more information
The student’s funding will be covered through a combination of federal work study and URP. Federal work study support is 75% with the other 25% coming from the Undergraduate Research Program. State of Delaware work study support is 80% with the other 20% coming from URP. Participating students are paid in the form of wages recorded in the UD Workforce.
If you are interested in more information on the program or wish to participate, please contact Lauren Barsky, Associate Director of the Undergraduate Research Program at firstname.lastname@example.org.